Hejsa Frushi Lovers!
Summer is already here and it means that it is a time to enjoy fresh & organic fruits and vegetables directly from the source at these visitor-friendly local farmers.
At the end of this post, I will share with you directions how to reach farmers 🙂
I asked several of my Danish friends and they helped to collect all the necessary information.
And a few days ago, I decided to the visit one of the most recommended farmers.
It was truly a great experience, where you can collect strawberries by myself directly from the field.
– Check the picking up time, so you don’t need to wait for it
– Usually, you need to pay a very small fee around 25kr per person
– Farmers will give you carton boxes, so you don’t need to bring anything with you
– Farmers speak very good English, so don’t be afraid to talk with them
Benefits for self-picking up
– The taste of fruits/veggies is AMAZING! It can’t be compared with goods from Føtex or Netto
– Give your little contribution and support for local farmers
– Additionally, you can buy other organic goods: juices, smoothies, honey, and jam
– It is a great entertainment for kids
– Some of the farmers have a small cafe, where you can enjoy a fresh strawberry smoothie and enjoy the sun
Farmer’s on Sjælland Island: